Building Leadership Coaching Skills
“Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” ― Sheryl Sand
The skill of effectively coaching employees is essential to a leader’s ability to help people develop to their fullest potential and motivate them to contribute at their highest level. Great coaches cultivate mindfulness and understand the importance of meeting the individual where they are when in a coaching relationship. This means being aware of individual nuances including personality styles, personal perspectives, intentions and career/personal goals and expectations.
This practical, interactive workshop is designed to give leaders hands-on experience using coaching techniques in their work. Leaders will learn and practice how to get into the coaching mindset and will be introduced to a toolkit of techniques for building a strong coaching relationship and engaging in effective dialogue. Leaders will understand the foundation of effective coaching and why they matter, as well as learn to master coaching conversations using a five-step coaching model.
In Building Leadership Coaching Skills, leaders will use a Team Coaching Assessment Grid to assess the strengths and opportunities of their team and determine what coaching conversations should be taking place with each team member.
Join us in this workshop to:
- Understand what it means to be an impactful coach.
- Identify three key foundations of effective coaching.
- Explore personal perspectives around coaching.
- Learn how to build a strong coaching relationship.
- Practice and apply several coaching dialogue tools.
- Learn how to master the coaching conversation.
- Build your Coach Action Plan.
Who it is for:
Leaders at all levels who want to build a strong coaching relationship with their employees and engage in effective dialogue to both drive results and develop people along the way.
- Presentation Slides
- Coaching Tip Sheet
- Pre and Post Engagement Survey
- Workshop Summary
- Content Evaluation
Length: ½ day or 90-minute format
The Center for Automotive Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement (CADIA) is a learning and advisory organization focused on diversity equity and inclusion. Its mission is to double the number of diverse leaders in the automotive industry by 2030. CADIA is championing diverse talent, driving systemic change, and supporting leadership commitment. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Empathy in Action
- Executive Level Set ™
- DEI 101 Foundations
- Unconscious Bias
- Inclusion and Belonging
- Having Difficult Conversations
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Building Your Leadership Coaching Skills
- Best Practices for Leading Remote Teams
- Being Resilient in the Midst of Change, Growth and Uncertainty
- Essential Skills for New People Leaders
- Employee Resource Group Solutions
- Emotional Intelligence
- DEI Assessment & Roadmap
- DEI Conversations in the Workplace
- DEI Inclusive Leadership