DEI Conversations in the Workplace
Sometimes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion conversations can be uncomfortable and emotional, especially when navigating these topics in the workplace. In this workshop, attendees will explore their important role as facilitators to build safety and gain trust for others to share their perspectives, guide conversations objectively, and engage others to support DEI efforts.
Join us in this workshop to:
- Recognize the importance of going beyond the comfort zone to focus on a growth mindset
- Understand the purpose of DEI conversations within the workplace and the role of being a facilitator
- Leverage diversity stories to connect with others and bring them along their diversity journey
- Connect DEI to the organizational vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities
- Respond to off-topic comments and resistant behaviors by redirecting individuals back to the heart of the conversation
- Manage conflict and how to respond to leaders
Who it is for:
DEI professionals, employee resource groups, organizational leaders, and employees supporting human resources, learning and development, and organizational development, or anyone interested in learning how to facilitate conversations to support an inclusive and safe environment where everyone can be heard.
- Participant Workbook
- Conversation Starter
- On-demand video if offered as a virtual workshop
Length: 90 minutes
Diversity, equity, and inclusion conversations may seem uncomfortable because we are afraid of making mistakes, being misinformed, or resisting change. By learning how to facilitate conversations, we can establish psychological safety for others to feel comfortable to share and develop the importance of DEI in the workplace to support organizational culture, an inclusive environment, and positive business outcomes.
Let CADIA help you facilitate the conversations that foster safety, address resistance, and promote change.
The Center for Automotive Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement (CADIA) is a learning and advisory organization focused on diversity equity and inclusion. Its mission is to double the number of diverse leaders in the automotive industry by 2030. CADIA is championing diverse talent, driving systemic change, and supporting leadership commitment. For more information: email@example.com.
- Executive Level Set ™
- DEI 101 Foundations
- Unconscious Bias
- Inclusion and Belonging
- Having Difficult Conversations
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Building Your Leadership Coaching Skills
- Best Practices for Leading Remote Teams
- Being Resilient in the Midst of Change, Growth and Uncertainty
- Essential Skills for New People Leaders
- Employee Resource Group Solutions
- Emotional Intelligence
- DEI Assessment & Roadmap
- DEI Conversations in the Workplace
- DEI Inclusive Leadership